Surf Travel: The Complete Guide + Amazing Waves
Surf Travel: The Complete Guide
Packed with stunning photos from the world’s best photographers, tips from pro surfers, practical advice, advice for travelling safely and essential up-to-date information for surfers. With 224 pages stacked with amazing images and tips, it’s been updated with an additional three cold water surf destinations Norway, Iceland and Canada.
Edited by Roger Sharp the editor of Carve surfing magazine and well respected world class photographer and video maker.
The book features classic and off the beaten surf destinations.
1. Find out where to surf on the Arctic Circle
2. Discover off the beaten track surf destinations in west Africa
3. Meet the legends of surf travel
4. Coldwater surf destinations from Norway to Canada.
5. Beyond Bali - the lure of Indonesia
6. Pacific islands paradise locations
Amazing Waves is a stunning coffee table book which captures the beauty and majesty of ocean waves.
Dive into the world of waves with this stunning selection of aquatic images from the world’s leading salty lensmen. Learn about the processes that create the bands of oceanic energy that can travel thousands of miles before ending their journeys in such visually arresting fashion, how they’re forecast and what we need to do to protect them.
It features the work of the world's best surf photographers including Chris Burkard, Ryan Miller, Andrew Chisholm , Ben Thouard, Josh Tabone, Rodd Owen, Timo Jarvinen, Roger Sharp, Alan van Gysen, Bastien Bonnarme, Andrew Shield, Laurent Pujol, Damian Davila, Trent Slatter, Marcus Paladino, Mike Lacey, Helio Antonio and Zak Noyle. Published by Orca Publications and edited by Roger Sharp. The photos in Amazing Waves are guaranteed to thrill anyone with a love of the ocean.
7. Discover road trips and wave pools.
8. Plus the classic surf destinations from Australia to Europe and beyond.